American College of Obstetrician and Gynecologists. Collaboration in Practice: Implementing Team-Based Care. Washington, DC: American College of Obstetrician and Gynecologists; March 2016.
- developed by a multidisciplinary task force, a model of health care delivery that encourages a patient-centered team-based approach to care.
Executive Summary: Collaboration in Practice: Implementing Team-Based Care. Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 127:612-7.
Collaborative. (2019). Guidance on developing quality interprofessional education for the health professions. Chicago, IL: Health Professions Accreditors Collaborative.
- a consensus document to support the development and implementation of quality interprofessional education.
Interprofessional Education Collaborative (IPEC). Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice. Report of an Expert Panel, May 2011.
- developed by a multidisciplinary group, a set of competencies which move beyond profession-specific competencies to engage students of different professions in interactive learning with each other.
Interprofessional Education Collaborative (IPEC). Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice: 2016 Update. IPEC 2016.
TeamSTEPPS (Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety)
- an evidence-based framework to optimize patient care by improving communication and teamwork skills among health care professionals
- includes a comprehensive set of ready-to-use materials and a training curriculum to successfully integrate teamwork principles into a variety of settings
- TeamSTEPPS framework is comprised of four skills: Leadership, Situation Monitoring, Mutual Support, and Communication.
- provides professional development opportunities for preceptors who provide education in practice settings to interprofessional learners.